2.01.2018

Good bye, 2017

It's that time of the year again. New year has just started, leaving the old one behind. Time for new music, new albums, new artists and new festivals.
As always, this is also a time to take a look back and think for a moment to recall what the passing year brought to us.

It was always hard for me to remember all the tracks I liked in the year. So this time I made a playlist and every time I enjoyed some song (and it was released in 2017), I added it there.

That method gave me almost 180 tracks to think about in the end of the year. After playlist analysis, I can share my favorites of 2017 with you.

It was a year of trance

I was listening to a lot of trance music recently. I found many tracks of that genre on my playlist. I can surely say that it all begun thanks to Armin van Buuren - I got more into trance because I started watching A State of Trance streams every Thursday. I found many great tracks (also tracks I won't share here because they were released before 2017), but here are some favorites:

Ferry Corsten presents Gouryella - Venera (Vee's Theme)


I fell in love in uplifting trance because of great melodies artists can come up with. Definitely Venera is one of these melodies forcing you to get emotional. There were more songs that got me totally, but I will share only two more here. I could describe each song on a playlist, but I am kind of limited in words. So, the other picks from uplifting / melodic trance are Andrew Rayel & Bogdan Vix and KeyPlayer ft. Roxana Constantin - Soul On The Run (this breakdown is awesome!) and Aly & Fila - Beyond The Lights(also the breakdown, but the melody is beautiful too).





W&W x Vini Vici - Chakra


I really enjoy songs with some tribal elements (like singing, melodies, instruments), so this is a great place for Chakra. Fast, dynamic track with mentioned elements. I'd place here Great Spirit by Armin van Buuren too, but it was released in 2016. But, we can at least place Wildstylez remix as it was released in 2017:

Armin van Buuren vs Vini Vici feat. Hilight Tribe - Great Spirit (Wildstylez Remix)


New discoveries
This year I also discovered some new artists I haven't known before. I'll start with Worakls, which I found out about because of my friend who sent me his first release in 2017 which was Nocturne.



I suddenly loved this style and started digging to find more tracks from him. I wasn't disappointed at all! His unique style is worth to hear - composition of dark, mysterious style, deep bass and instrumental elements form an unusual musical experience:



The second (personal) biggest discovery is Rezz. I accidentally heard her set on some festival stream I watched (probably Tomorrowland) and I enjoyed it. Some time later, She came up with her album Mass Manipulation, which is great in my opinion. It's hard for me to tell which genre it actually is (please tell me), but I'm sure you'll like it!



Summary
2017 was a great year for EDM. I'm aware I missed a lot of great music, but I'm still happy I could find new artists and music that influenced my life in some way. Alongisde of new artists we had great tunes like Bone Dry from Tristam or Saving Light by Gareth Emery & Standerwick (Which won 2017 ASOT Tune of the Year by the way! Awesome). We also could hear some new songs from Illenium (Fractures) and some awesome comebacks from Ephixa (Losing You).

Now the whole playlist is available for you to hear on my channel and below! You can check if there are your favorites included!



What were your favorite tracks of passing year? Please let me know! And let's hope that 2018 will be as great for EDM as 2017.
Have a nice year!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz